Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before viewing our website, providing content for our blog(s) or galleries, and/or participating in any online/Internet/web-based service we provide, including the Scott Design Special Delivery service. (For more information about special Scott Design Inc. services, activities, and promotions, see the “Use of Services, Activities, and/or Promotions” section and subsection.)
Ownership of intellectual property
All images, photographs, text, video clips, audio clips, illustrations, games, graphics, creative elements, written content, and other intellectual property that appear on the Scott Design Inc. website are the property of Scott Design Inc. Any unauthorized re-use or distribution of any content on Hotdesign.com web pages is strictly prohibited.
Guidelines on the submission of photos, videos, and artwork for posting
Hotdesign.com visitors who wish to submit photos, videos, artwork, essays, and other written and visual content do so with their complete understanding of the following:
- Scott Design Inc. has the unrestricted authorization to post any submitted photos, videos, artwork, and/or written content on its website (including galleries, blogs, and any other sections); use them in newsletters; and use them in any Hotdesign.com presentations.
- Submitted photos, videos, artwork, and written content must belong entirely — and only — to the person or persons who submitted them.
- Anyone who submits a photo, video, artwork, and/or written content agrees to hold Scott Design Inc., the owners of Hotdesign.com, and the website’s operators harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the acceptance, possession, and use of the submitted photo, video, artwork, and/or written content on the Hotdesign.com website, in Hotdesign.com newsletters, and in Hotdesign.com and Scott Design Inc. communications.
User postings, contributions, and participation at Hotdesign.com
Scott Design Inc. maintains the absolute right to accept or reject any information, input, or creative contributions submitted or posted on the Scott Design Inc. website (Hotdesign.com) for display. Examples of content that will not be allowed include:
- Information that could personally identify an individual or individuals
- Profanity or obscenities
- Personal attacks — through text, illustrations, photos, written content, etc. — on an individual, group, or organization
- Any material that appears in any way to threaten, purposefully offend, or harm other Hotdesign.com visitors or users of any Scott Design online service
- Obscene, pornographic, violent, demeaning, or threatening content
- Other information that Hotdesign.com owners deem inappropriate
Scott Design Inc. holds the sole discretion for determination and identification of anyone or any material described anywhere in this document.
Hotdesign.com — as well as its owner, Scott Design Inc. — is not responsible in any way for content on third-party web pages to which Hotdesign.com links.
Use of Services, Activities, and/or Promotions
Users of online services, activities, and/or promotions provided by Scott Design Inc. who create and share content through those services, activities, and/or promotions accept sole responsibility for their related activities and use of the content. This includes any use of content related to the Special Delivery service provided by Scott Design. The following rules concerning Scott Design online/Internet/web-based services, activities, and promotions are absolute:
- The user accepts complete and sole responsibility for his or her actions related to participation in services, activities, and/or promotions provided and/or hosted by Scott Design Inc. and Hotdesign.com.
- The user is responsible for keeping any personal content, password, or other information private and confidential.
- The user will not include content or information — or links to content or information — that can be considered (at Scott Design’s sole discretion) illegal, harmful, threatening, inappropriate, obscene, or insulting to any individual or organization.
- The user will not threaten, purposefully offend, or harm other users of Special Delivery — or any other Scott Design service, activity, or promotion — in any way.
- The user will be solely responsible for ensuring that he or she does not violate any local, state, federal, or international laws, including but not limited to copyright, defamation, and obscenity laws.
- The user will not upload, download, or introduce any content that contains worms, viruses, spyware, or any other damaging material.
Other important notes concerning submitted and linked content:
- Scott Design Inc., Hotdesign.com, and the owners and operators of both entities are not responsible in any way for information or material displayed by users of the Special Delivery service as well as any other service, activity, or promotion hosted or provided by Scott Design Inc. and Hotdesign.com.
- Scott Design Inc., Hotdesign.com, and the owners and operators of both entities are not responsible in any way for the content that appears on third-party websites that can be accessed through presentations created by users of Scott Design services, activities, and/or promotions.